A Message to Our Customers:
Dear UC Cyclery Customers,
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus. As this virus continues to spread throughout the country, your health and the health of our staff is our priority. At the same time, we want to be there for your cycling needs. We believe time on the bike will be good for both your physical and mental health through the upcoming weeks. Take a break and go ride your bike. It meets all the social distancing requirements.
We will remain open with shortened hours (Mon.-Sat 10am - 6pm, Closed Sunday) as an essential business to our community:
- Bicycles represent an affordable and reliable method of personal transportation and can provide a safer alternative for travel during a pandemic when compared to other modes of transportation that require close physical proximity
- Bicycles are used for transportation by workers deemed to be essential such as those making food and parcel deliveries and by residents who need to get around without using a motor vehicle
- Like automotive repair, it is critical that people be able to use bikes that are in good repair and be able to access repair services when necessary
- We are taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.gov)
- We are advising staff to wash hands frequently, avoid shaking hands and practice "social distancing" of 6 feet while limiting store capacity.
- We’re telling sick team members to stay home, and if symptoms require, get a test.
- We are taking extra care to wipe down surfaces like door handles, light switches, faucets, counter tops, keyboards, touch screens, and bicycle handlebars and grips frequently.
- Curbside Pick-up and Drop-off available, call us to arrange.
We will continue to adjust and adhere to all recommendations and ordinances as this dynamic situation continues. Together, we will navigate these unprecedented times supporting our whole community as best we can. Wishing good health and safety to all.